I have been trying to follow a sugar and starch free diet, but I still get a sweet-tooth craving every now and then. Usually it’s because my husband has the craving first and then being the awesome wife I am I try to satisfy that craving.
Instead of making a whole cheesecake that we would eat in one night, I try to help control our portions by making cupcake sized cheesecakes that we can enjoy multiple nights.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 TBSP butter (I use salted)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol or other sweetener
- Melt butter
- Mix butter and almond flour
- Place a teaspoon of the mixture into cupcake liners in muffin tray
- Pat down the crust with your fingers
- Bake for 3-5 minutes at 350 degrees
- Pay attention to your oven. My oven is old and made a couple crusts a little too crispy at 5 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese until creamy.
- I didn’t do a very good job “beating” my cream cheese and there were some lumps, but it didn’t make a difference in the consistency or taste.
- Combine cream cheese with egg, vanilla, salt and erythritol
- Place about a tablespoon onto each crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.
- Again know your oven. I only needed to leave mine in for 10 minutes.
**I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.**
I get my powdered erythritol from Amazon. The link is below:
Enjoy your sweet tooth treat and try not to eat too many in one sitting!