Most days you can find me in trying to be the best mother I can and the best wife I can be. I have a handsome husband that keeps me grounded. I didn’t believe in soulmates until I met him.
I am an Air National Guard Photojournalist, educator, kayaker, and a fun loving person. I believe in things happening for a reason and try my best to go with the flow. I love the outdoors, traveling and capturing every milestone my little guy, Thomas, achieves.
My photography style is a combination of traditional and photojournalistic. I enjoy meeting each client and getting to know them. My goal is to let my client’s personality come through each image. Every person, family, and couple has a story to tell and I love sharing it.
Some interesting things about me:
- The younger 20 something me said that I would
neverget married and neverhave kids.
- My proudest moment was when I met my son for the first time.
- Although I love West Virginia, I love to travel too. I’ve been to over 20 countries with my first job in the Air National Guard. I was a loadmaster aka “load toad” on the C-5 Galaxy. (That’s how I met my husband, Chad. He’s still a load toad.)
- I was a recruiter for the Air National Guard before I became a photojournalist. Recruiting was not my cup of tea.
- I taught kindergarten and gifted education.
- During my first year of college, I went to Potomac State College, in Keyser, WV and played volleyball and softball. After that I went to Shepherd University in Shepherdstown, WV and continued to play softball.
- I went through the Air Force’s Photojournalism course at Ft. Meade, Md. The course was about 4 months long, which is where I learned a lot of my photography skills.
- I really, really don’t like doing laundry and putting it away. I fill like its a vicious cycle that will never be broken. There is absolutely no way to get ahead with laundry!
- I day dream way too much and reminisce just as much. I’m usually day dreaming about places I’d like to go and reminiscing about the good ol’ days of high school and college.
- Speaking of day dreaming, my goal is to one day have my own studio full of backdrops, props, and really awesome pinterest styled sets! (A lot of my day dreaming is because of pinterest.